Friday, June 20, 2014

Fun Friday



Fun Friday post!! This weeks topic is :Travels – Where have you traveled as an author to promote your books?

I haven't ventured too far across the country for my book, yet. I hope someday to travel far and wide but for now the furthest I have gone is Charleston, SC for Y'all Fest.
If you haven't familiarized yourself with Y'all Fest you need to do so. It's one of the biggest teen book festivals in the South!
I was lucky enough in 2012 to be invited to Y'all Fest with my publisher, Anchor Group, to go and sign my books.
I was surrounded by some of my favorite authors including the ever fabulous Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia and Carrie Ryan.
I was nervous as heck while the fans came to our table and met us because it was my first big convention. But those teens and fans were so generous and sweet. I got to spend a little time checking out Charleston and the history in the beautiful city.
It was so much fun I went back in 2013. This time it was bigger and better with more authors and more fans. I met my super awesome fan-friend Lynn Shaw and got to see one of the fans from the previous year, LeAnn Luckett. What wonderful sweet girls they are!
While there I saw Lisi Harrison-if you don't know who she is, please get to know her- and I introduced myself. She was so awesome and bought my book and asked me to sign it for her. It was one of the best moments of my writing career because she was this big-time author who actually took the time to talk to me and buy my book. I'll never forget that, ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment