Monday, April 9, 2012

REVIEW OF 'EMBRACE' By Stacey Rourke

Stacey Rourke's debut novel 'The Conduit' is undoubtedly one of my favorite so far this year. So when she asked me to review the second book in The Gryphon Series, I of course jumped at the chance. To read a book before release, uh heck yes! So here is goes:
As if I hadn't already fallen in love with Celeste and her siblings in the first book, I am totally smitten now. They are just the funniest bunch of fictional character's I have ever read. Celeste with her witty one liners, Gabe and his ferocious hotness, and of course the ever lovely Kendall. I dove into this book headfirst and was pleasantly surprised with the impeccable writing of Stacey Rourke. She has pulled me into this world where these three exist and I don't want to leave.
In this version Celeste starts the whole dating scene. Oh my do I adore her suitor. The ever so handsome Irish gentleman, Caleb. I found myself drooling onto my Nook over Caleb. However, this book isn't all about sappy romance and hilariously funny banter, the action in this book is undeniable. Celeste is now being attacked by more evil forces who this time want to take over everyone she cares about.
I am officially loving this series! I love Rourke's writing, she is definitely a rare writing gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment