Thursday, February 13, 2014

Fun Friday's ~Romantic excerpt from The Unraveling of Avery Snow~

He sat quietly on the lounge chair that over looked the ocean below. We both knew the house was perfect when we saw the view. It reminded us of the view in Monterey, only closer to our families.


"Why are you out here?" I had startled him and laughed as he held his beating heart.


"You have to stop scaring me like that, woman!" I sat down next to him, still laughing.


"Well?" I pressed. He had come out here every night since we moved in. I worried he wasn’t happy with me, but he said that was the hormones talking. Sometimes hormones did make me a little crazy, but I knew something was up with him. He just didn’t want to tell me.
"Come on Landon, spill. What is going on?" He took a heavy breath and pulled out a box. He laid it in my hand and smiled.


"I have been waiting for the right time. The right moment to give it to you," he said. We hadn’t married yet. We did things a little backwards in this lifetime. I never pressed the marriage issue. For me it felt like all the times before counted still in this life. I knew we would marry at some point, but making a home for our son was what mattered most.


"Avery, I almost lost you twice! Seeing that both times, well, it killed me. I don’t ever want to lose you. I want to raise our son and live in this home as a family. As husband and wife. Will you marry me, again?" he asked as he put his hands on my stomach.


"Yes I will. Just like all the times before," I said as I leaned in to kiss him.


We were making our beginning for the first time in this life. He opened the box and slipped the diamond ring on my finger. I had to unravel in order to find my true happiness with Landon. It seems like some souls have to fall apart and go through the most painful situations.


Sometimes the outcome can be good. In my case, it was a happy ending



1 comment: