Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Reviews rock

One thing that we authors constantly say is, "Please if you read the book, review the book." Why do we want reviews you ask? Well, I'll tell you. We strive to hear what your input is. How do we know the book was enjoyable if you don't tell us? How do we know you hated it if you don't tell us? Not that I want you to dislike my book, but some bad reviews do help an author. Especially if you found spelling errors.
Reviews feed my 'search' addiction. I am obsessed with searching for reviews. I know, I know, I shouldn't do it, but I can't help it. I search my books reviews because let's be honest, I want to know if you liked the damn thing. The thing I worked tirelessly on for months. I want to hear you say, "I loved it!" It's a pat on the back that I don't get. So when you at least give me that, I have to fuel to keep writing.
Even if your review is a one liner, we appreciate it! You don't need to be specific or lengthy. You're a reader, and I LOVE READERS. I try myself to leave a review at least on Goodreads, because I want that writer to know I enjoyed the book.
So do me and all the other authors out there a huge favor. Please please review.
We love you.
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment