Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tangled thoughts in one whole day

So for today I leave a post of all the thoughts that go through my crazy mind. I woke up with an inner peace about my job as an author. I even saw my Barnes and Noble book signing event on a flyer, which was pretty amazing.
Then in the afternoon the sense of dread filled me due to the nerves that overcome my excitement about the signing. What will I wear? What will I say? To be honest I am not a huge talker. Especially about my books. I get silly and embarrased. Yes I know it's something to be proud of, but come on, last year this wasnt my life and this year, BAM WAMO I am an author. Hey I guess I could talk abotu that?
By the evening and my last cup of coffee for the day I dread my daughter starting second grade. I hope I can manage writing and school work at the same time! I am also working on my next book! So super busy is how I feel right now.
So that's it! My tangled thoughts. Hopefully I can get this all figured out. I do think a good night's rest will do me some good.

3 comments:

  1. You were an author LONG before publishing came around sweetie. You are such an amazing person, everything will fall into place. With a little work and a LOT of love from all those around, this will be the greatest year for you, and it will only get better! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christy! Great post. Congrats on your books. I'm really interested in reading The Many Lives of Avery Snow. What a neat premise. I'll be at the Author Meet & Greet on Sept 27th. I'm one of the children's book authors in our small group. Looking forward to meeting you.

    p.s. this will be my first Meet & Greet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Thank you! I look forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete