Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The end of another year as a writer and my favorite reads of 2014

It's another year under my belt as an author. What a whirlwind is has been! Many lesson's learned a few changes to my life and career and all in all it was a good year.

The year 2014 for Author Christy Sloat

I finished my bestselling series, The Visitors Series this year in February when Anchor Group published, The White Door.
It was hard to end the series but it took me many places. Brylee's character still talks to me and I will be publishing a new series spin-off some time in 2015. So it's not goodbye forever.



I limited my book conventions and signings this year and decided to instead put my heart into writing. Honestly, doing signings and conventions costs the author a lot of money; hotel, gas, table costs to rent at an event and the books to sell. Yes, we buy our books and then sell them. They don't come free folks.
So instead of doing a bunch of little signings and Y'all Fest like usual, I chose a few that were close to home and close to my heart and I was very happy with that.


I published my first YA Romance
Who We Were

Publishing this book was a huge step for me because I've always written paranormal or supernatural genres. So when this book idea came I stopped everything and wrote it. I am immensely proud of this book and all it represents.


As a writer I have to say that this year was very different for me. It just doesn't feel the same as it always has. Now that doesn't mean I'm quitting or anything. But I think that it was more of a struggle to get noticed this year. It wasn't the same as last year. There were a ton of new authors hitting the scene and a flux of romance books. It doesn't help that Facebook just basically shut off the lights on all of us authors. It made reaching out to fans extra difficult. Hopefully I can stay connected to my readers and you all can follow along on Twitter, Instagram and other sites.
I do plan on self publishing my new book, Slumber next year so be sure to follow me on Amazon by clicking the yellow 'follow' box. And every time I put out a new book, you'll get a notice. http://www.amazon.com/Christy-Sloat/e/B0071MMCU6/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1


                                          Now for my top 5 favorite books of 2014








1 comment: